By | 3rd March, 2021
daily current affairs by global naukri com

The Current Affairs Quizzes section aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. Today’s day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as AIBA’s champions and veterans committee Chairperson, World Wildlife Day and Zero Discrimination Day among others.

1. Which state’s Chief Minister sanctioned scholarship worth Rs 101 cr for SC, ST students?
a) Jharkhand
b) Chhatisgarh
c) West Bengal
d) Odisha

2. What is the new name of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha TV?
a) Sankalp
b) Sansad
c) Bharat
d) Lok Manya

3. Which state government has approved the bill to provide 75 percent reservation to locals in private sector jobs?
a) Punjab
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Haryana
d) Delhi

4. Which Indian Boxer has been appointed as the Chairperson of AIBA’s champions and veterans committee?
a) Amit Panghal
b) Vijender Singh
c) Mary Kom
d) Vikas Krishnan

5. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU for co-operation in the agriculture sector between India and which nation?
a) Fiji
b) Djibouti
c) Mali
d) Mozambique

6. Civil Rights leader Vernon Jordan passed away on March 1, 2021 at the age of 85. He belonged to which nation?
a) US
b) UK
c) South Africa
d) Canada

7. When is World Wildlife Day Observed?
a) March 3rd
b) March 2nd
c) March 1st
d) February 28th

8. When is Zero Discrimination Day observed?
a) March 1st
b) March 2nd
c) March 3rd
d) March 4th

Answers

1. (d) Odisha
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has sanctioned Rs 101 crore for providing scholarships to 50,000 Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students. The sanctioned scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the bank accounts of beneficiary students. A total of 1.5 lakh students will be benefited from the programme.

2. (b) Sansad
Rajya Sabha TV and Lok Sabha TV have been merged and will now be known as Sansad TV. Retired IAS officer Ravi Capoor has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the new Channel. Sansad TV will telecast the live proceedings of both the houses of the Parliament on two different channels during the simultaneous sitting of the Houses.

3. (c) Haryana
The Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana Dushyant Chautala announced on March 2, 2021, that the state governor Satyadev Narayan Arya has given his assent to the bill that will provide 75% reservation in the private sector jobs with a gross salary of up to Rs 50,000 per month to the locals.

4. (c) Mary Kom
Indian Boxer Mary Kom has been appointed as the chairperson of the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) champions and veterans committee.

5. (a) Fiji
The Union Cabinet on March 3, 2021, approved a pact between India and Fiji for co-operation in agriculture and the allied sectors. The agreement will come into effect on the date of its signing and will remain in force for 5 years.

6. (a) US
US Civil rights leader Vernon Jordan passed away at the age of 85 years on March 1, 2021. He was a close adviser to former US President Bill Clinton and had even endorsed both of Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaigns.

7. (a) March 3rd
World Wildlife Day is observed annually on March 3rd. The day seeks to promote forest and wildlife management models and practices that accommodate human well-being as well as long-term conservations of forests and the wildlife species and flora and fauna they sustain.

8. (a) March 1st
Zero Discrimination Day is observed annually on March 1st and it seeks to promote equality before the law and in practice throughout all of the member countries of the UN. The day was first celebrated on March 1, 2014.

Telegram channel updates from global naukri for govt jobs and exams

Read More Updates…

Samaras Hostel Admission 2021 Online Form Digital Gujarat

The Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank Limited Recruitment 2021 | Apply for AGM, Chief Manager, Sr. Manager & Manager Posts

NMMS Scholarship 2021 – Application (Started), Check Eligibility, Application Process, Documents Required

CSMCRI Recruitment 2021 – Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar Hiring Now.

Gujarat Ayurved University Sr. Research Fellow & Data Entry Operator Recruitment 2021

Feedburner newsletter updates from global naukri for govt jobs and exams

Amazon Audible try free for 90 days