Notification No. 01/2021 GDCE – NTPC (Graduate) Date : 25.06.2021
Date of Publication in RRC website 25.06.2021
Opening Date & Time for ONLINE Registration & Filling of Application 26.06.2021
Closing Date & Time for ONLINE Registration & Filling of Application 25.07.2021 at 23:59 hrs.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR GENERAL DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION (GDCE)
Railway Recruitment Cell invites ONLINE applications from eligible employees of West Central Railway for filling up the following posts of NTPC (Graduate) against GDCE Quota as per vacancies indicated below:
Visit Official Website: http://indianrailways.gov.in/
Note : The above medical standards are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general. The candidates are advised to read Chapter 5 of Indian Railway Medical Manual (IRMM) Volume I which can also be accessed at www.indianrailway.gov.in Candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or any other surgery procedure to correct refractory error are not eligible for the post having Medical Standard A-2.
Candidates are advised to ensure that they are eligible as per the medical standards for the post. In case of failure of the candidate to pass the prescribed medical fitness for the post, he will not be considered suitable for empanelment for that post.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS – ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
1) Candidates should be serving employee of West Central Railway till the formation of Panel. Candidate, who will resign from WCR or transfer to other railway, will not be consider for empanelment.
2) Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration i.e. as on 25.07.2021
CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
3) Before filling up the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read all the instructions and information in the Notification available on the website of RRC www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in (Path – About us->Recruitment->Railway Recruitment Cell->GDCE Notification No. 01/2021)
4) Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRC and be very careful about fake websites and job racketeers.
5) Candidates should have their own mobile number, valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRC shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRC will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and email address at any stage.
6) Applications are to be submitted “ONLINE ONLY” and through the RRC website www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in (Path – About us->Recruitment- >Railway Recruitment Cell->GDCE Notification No. 01/2021)
7) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRC concerned by post.
If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not
satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
Candidates can modify the application particulars, Email ID and Mobile Number, even after submission of application till the closing date.
8) To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to register and submit ONLINE application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability/failure to log on to the website of RRC concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website during last days of online registration.
RRC do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to register and/or submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
9) RPF/RPSF personnel are not eligible to apply against the GDCE scheme in terms of Railway Board’s letter No. E (NG) I/2002/PM2/9 dated 11.08.2003.
10) All regular employees possessing prescribed educational qualification as indicated above, working in 7 th CPC Level lower than the Grade Pay/Scale for which GDCE is being conducted are eligible to appear in GDCE selection,
11) All regular employees possessing prescribed educational qualification as indicated above working in same 7 th CPC Level for which GDCE is being conducted are eligible to appear in selection from non-safety to safety category posts as well as safety to safety category posts.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS – EXAMINATION PROCESSES
1) Malpractices: Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination/CBT, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the
examinations of all the RRCs & all RRBs for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
2) Banned items: Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, blue tooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallet/purses, belts, shoes and metallic wears including ornaments etc. are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
3) Stages of Exam: There shall be single stage Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Aptitude Test for Station Master.
4) Call Letters: Candidates will have to download the City and Date Intimations, e-Call Letters and Travel Authority (wherever applicable) from the links provided on the official websites of RRC.
5) Short Listing for Various Stages: The short listing for Computer based Aptitude Test (CBAT) shall be to the extent of 8 times the vacancies.
6) Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answer in CBTs. Deduction of 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be made for each wrong answer, but there will be no negative marking in Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT).
The upper age limit will be 40 years for General candidates (UR), 45 years for SC/ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates. The lower and upper age limit indicated for the post(s) in the Vacancy Table will be reckoned as on 01.07.2021.
Cut-off date of Birth is indicated below:
Age Group Upper Date of Birth Lower Date of Birth UR OBC SC/ST
18 to 40 18 to 43 18 to 45 01.07.2003
02.07.1981 02.07.1978 02.07.1976
No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC-NCL (Non Creamy Layer) candidates applying against unreserved vacancies.
If a candidate is eligible for relaxation of age on more than one ground, he/she would be accorded the highest of the age relaxations for which he/she is eligible.
Candidates should note that the date of birth filled in this application should be same as recorded in the Matriculation/SSLC/Xth Class or an equivalent certificate. No subsequent request for its change will be considered.
Candidates should have requisite minimum educational qualifications indicated for posts of this GDCE Notification 01/2021 from recognized Board/University/Institute as on the closing date for ONLINE Registration. The candidates should possess the requisite educational qualification on the closing date of application and the same
should also be endorsed in the Service Sheet of the employees Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed minimum educational qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
For availing reservation, SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the format given at Annexure I (for SC/ST candidates) and at Annexure II (for OBC-NCL candidates) at the time of document verification. Further, in case of OBC-NCL candidates, the certificates should specifically indicate that they do not belong to the Persons/Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M.No.36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 09.03.2004, 27.05.2013, 13.09.2017 and further revision, if any, received till the closing date for OLINE Registration of applications for this Notification. The candidates should ensure that they belong to the OBC- Non Creamy Layer (NCL) category while applying for the posts against this Notification. Such candidates should produce a valid OBC certificate in the prescribed format during document verification. Further, in addition to the community certificate (OBC), a declaration in the prescribed format as per Annexure IIA has to be furnished by the candidates during document verification, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer. The certificate produced shall not be older than one year at the time of
document verification. In case of not complying to these stipulations, their claim for reserved status (OBC-NCL) will not be entertained and the candidature / application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions for General (Unreserved) category, will be considered under General(UR) vacancies only.
Only single ONLINE application has to be submitted by the candidate through the link provided on the official website of RRC www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in (Path – About us->Recruitment->Railway Recruitment Cell->GDCE Notification No. 01/2021). The recruitment process shall involve single Stage Computer Based Test (CBT) and Aptitude Test and Document Verification/Medical Examination. Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of above mentioned recruitment stages. The date, time and venue for all the activities viz. CBTs, Computer based
Aptitude Test, Document Verification, Medical Examination or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRC and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Eligible West Central Railway employee may apply ONLINE through RRC website
www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in (Path – About us->Recruitment->Railway Recruitment Cell->GDCE Notification No. 01/2021)
Read More Job Updates…